A Persian Cafe, Edward Lord Weeks

Friday 27 March 2015

The Past was Way Creepy

86% of people asked would rather see the lanterns with Flynn Rider than dance in the forest with Prince Philip. This is not enough, because the dancing-in-the-forest-scene from Sleeping Beauty is horrendously rapey:
I mean, what was Philip thinking?

(1) I'll creep up on this teenage girl who is all alone in the woods!
(2) I'll grab her and start dancing with her before she even knows that I'm there!
(3) Every time she gets loose from me and starts walking away, I'll grab her wrist and pull her back!

Or more to the point, what were the animators thinking? Did they realise how creepy Prince Philip's behaviour is, or did they just see it as a mixture of confidence and love-at-first-sight?

No comments:

Post a Comment